Traveling from one place to another once used to be a hectic task, but nowadays with the launch of new car services like Uber, traveling has become very convenient. Independent contractors provide these services and help people travel from place to place in their own vehicles. These are almost similar to the normal taxi services; however, by using Uber people can request rides whenever they wish to travel at any point in time by using their smartphones. Uber efficiently makes use of the GPS technology to track the ride and provide you with an estimated arrival time.
How to get started with Uber application
If you are new to using the Uber application then the following guidelines might help you with the usage of the application.
* Like any other website or application, Uber also requires people to create an account and register themselves on the applications database. The registration form requires a very basic information from people.
* Using a referral code might earn you twenty-dollar credit that people can use in their first ride. Next, people have to go through a set of terms and conditions, after accepting which one can enter the application and start using its services.
* In order to book a cab, all one has to do is log in to their accounts and request for a ride. Ensure that the GPS of the mobile device is active so that the driver can locate your location.
* Next, you can choose the type of vehicle you wish to ride in. The vehicle options may vary from city to city or from the availability at that point in time.
* After this, one needs to provide the pickup location either by manually inputting the location or by activating the GPS of the device. After confirming the pickup location, one can confirm the order and wait for the driver to reach the pickup location.
* After confirming the order, the driver reaches the pickup location and starts the trip. Finally, the driver takes you to the destination after which the customer has to pay the driver and the trip ends.
Types of Uber Vehicles
Once you input the location of the destination, one receives a variety of options for vehicles. All options are custom for your needs and the price varies from each vehicle. A few common options that the firm provides are:
* Uber GO – This option is the standard service provided by the company. The prices of Uber GO vehicles are nominal and can support up to four passengers.
* Uber Premiere – These are luxury vehicles that cost a bit more than other vehicles but also can support more people.
* Uber Pool – If you are trying to save money then you can book Uber pool and share your ride with some other person.
* Uber Moto – These are a cheap method to travel where a bike can fetch you from the pickup location and is suitable when traveling alone.
All the procedures from booking a ride to paying for the ride at the end of the trip can easily be taken care of by the Uber mobile application. Hence, traveling through Uber vehicles is convenient and comfortable.